Full papers submission: if you have been selected to present an oral presentation for the VII World Avocado Congress 2011, you will be required to submit a full paper. Please note these must be received by 18 July 2011.
Click here to view the full paper guidelines
Click here to upload your full paper (via the 'submit full papers' tab)
Your poster board number and set-up and removal times will be included in your final poster presentation details letter. Please note that the number allocated to your poster presentation will be on the corresponding poster board.
Click here to view the poster guidelines
Summary of key deadlines:
||Deadline for authors to notify Congress Managers of acceptance or otherwise
|17 June 2011
||Deadline for presenters to register for the Congress
|18 July 2011
||Deadline for presenters to submit full papers
|5 9 September 2011
||VII World Avocado Congress 2011
Should changes occur to your contact details or availability to present to the Congress, please notify the Congress Managers immediately.
If you would like to discuss your participation, please contact our Program Coordinator, Becci Reid, at email@example.com.
Call for Abstracts
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: 6 April 2011
Abstracts may only be submitted online
Click here to submit an abstract
Why should you consider presenting at this Congress?
- It’s an opportunity to share and showcase good practice or research with others in the field
- It’s an opportunity to create networks and communities of practice with other people interested in the same topic or issue
- It’s an opportunity to let others outside your own local area know your interest and/or strengths.
|6 April 2011
||Deadline for receipt of abstracts and biographical details
||Authors notified whether abstracts have been accepted
|6 May 2011
||Deadline for presenting authors to register for the Congress
Earlybird registration closes
|30 June 2011
||Deadline for submission of full papers
|5 – 9 September 2011
||VII World Avocado Congress 2011
Authors are invited to submit brief abstracts. Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
The Program Committee cannot guarantee that the presentation type of choice will be granted to authors. The decision of the Program Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All authors will be expected to register for the Congress.
- Oral presentation: Presenters will be requested to make an 18 minute presentation (15 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for questions) at the Congress. All oral presentations will be simultaneous interpreting from Spanish into English and from English into Spanish.
- Poster presentation: Presenters will be requested to present a poster (in English or Spanish) and be available at their poster to discuss their work with interested parties during refreshment breaks.
The themes to be covered during the workshop will include:
- Genetic resources
- Pests and diseases
- Culture management
- Post harvest/processing
- Commercial stream
The VII World Avocado Congress provides the opportunity to raise and discuss issues of interest in the avocado industry. As in past congresses, the VII World Avocado Congress seeks to attract contributions relating to the latest information on avocado production and management issues, with special emphasis on the future of the industry. The Congress will have topics covering genetic resources, pests and diseases, culture management, post-harvest/processing, marketing, and a commercial stream.
Abstract submission guidelines
The Program Committee is particularly looking for presentations that will extend, challenge and stimulate delegates at this important flagship Congress.
- 250 words maximum, containing an objective, statement of findings and key conclusions (indicating to Congress delegates the content of your presentation). Please do not include figures or tables in the abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in both English and Spanish – it is the author’s responsibility to ensure the abstract is provided in both languages
- All abstracts must be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar before submission
- Abstracts must include a title, author names, and author affiliations
- Abstracts can only be submitted online in Microsoft Word format
- Submissions must be accompanied by an 80 word biographical paragraph of the presenting author. This information will be used by the Session Chair for introduction purposes or may also be published in Congress literature
Abstract selection criteria
- Relevance to the key topics of VII World Avocado Congress
- Relevance to the target audience
- Structure and clarity of the abstract
Notification of acceptance
- Authors will be notified of initial abstract acceptance or otherwise via email in May 2011
- The decision about the acceptance of abstracts is at the discretion of the Program Committee
- Successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper once abstract acceptance has been advised
All presenters are required to register to the Congress by 6 May 2011. Failure to register by this date will result in the presentation being withdrawn from the program, and the abstract will therefore not be published.
For all enquiries please contact:
- All successful authors must submit a full paper (no more than 10 pages, either in English or Spanish) that will be published on the Congress website.
- Papers must be submitted by 30 June 2011
- Further information regarding the submission of full papers will be sent to all successful authors in May 2011
Becci Reid, Program Coordinator, Event Planners Australia
T: +61 7 3858 5531